top of page

Finding Common Ground

In the past our design team worked in isolation creating wallboard and dashboard designs with no real limitations, except maybe their imagination. The output was phenomenal but it created a headache for the developers who had the task of bringing the more complex features to life.

In March this year, we switched up our process so that design and development work together at every stage of the creation of a new design. The boring part of the story is we did this to reduce design rework - and that has happened - but, what we're also seeing are the designers bringing the same off-the-wall features to the table rebuilt in a way that (mostly) respects the limitations described by the developers. The developers, in kind, keep pulling rabbits out of hats to make them real and the list of limitations is shrinking everyday.

The moral of the story is, we meant this and it was 100% on purpose..


bottom of page